#Joyfulness is a personal project. With the #joyfulness series I’m trying to get deeper into the personal space of two people in love. By using a smaller and more intimate environment I hope to capture spontaneous, pure and raw moments of intimacy. An exercise to capture two strangers in love and make the pictures look personal and real. No studio setups, it’s just me with my camera.
I got a lot of questions about this.. What exactly am I looking for in a couple. I’ll try to explain. First off : You don’t have to be a model, you don’t need that perfect body and guys, you don’t need a perfect six-pack. I’m looking for couples crazy about each other that like to play/fight/cuddle and just BE together and spend the day together. I’m looking for couples that are willing to step outside of their comfort zone with me by letting me photograph them in their personal space. Maybe you have a strong personality, that will show but maybe you even are bit shy and that could be cute too… I just want you guys to have an open mind and discover & experiment with me. Above all: I expect you guys to be in LOVE.
Think lazy Sunday romance. If one or more of these makes you smile or daydream, get in touch 😉
- You wake up together, you are making your bowl of cereal. He enters the kitchen, kisses you in the neck. You end up on the kitchen sink , you bite his lip…
- The sun enters through the window, you feel like staying in bed all day. You cuddle, you kiss, you tease each other…
- Maybe it’s a rainy Sunday, you don’t feel like getting dressed up, you hang around the house together. Sitting on the couch, a cup of hot chocolate, a book or watching your favorite series together.
- You love the little things that make him HIM or her HER make you smile.
- You know what the hashtag “#BAE feelings” or “#couplegoal” means Note: not a requirement 🙂
Think hoodies, sweaters, shorts, PJ’s, her wearing his shirt … the type of clothing & undies that you feel comfortable in. Yes I’m looking for that hint of sexiness but it has to be suggestive.
I prefer to shoot in the comfort of your own home/dorm/cabin, a hotelroom, an Airbnb … A place you feel safe, because you two are together.
We are doing a road trip around the US west coast (San Fransico, California, Arizone, visiting the national parks etc…) in october. Might be fun to hook up for a shoot, so PM for details!
TFP based work
Since this is personal work, that means I’m doing this for free. (There is no compensation for you either) and you will get the full set of pictures that are yours to do with as you please. I can use the pictures for my portfolio, site, social media, etc…
So hope this answers most of the questions, if you should have any more. Do get in touch!
Hope we can meet soon.
Follow me on instagram